- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has unfollowed Grimes on Twitter for no apparent motive, prompting tongue-in-cheek breakup hypothesis.
- The South Africa-born entrepreneur is believed to have been courting the Canadian singer since at the least Might 2018, once they appeared collectively on the Met Gala crimson carpet.
- Earlier in March, Grimes mentioned she was pregnant with Musk’s baby after widespread hypothesis.
- It’s not the primary time the Tesla CEO has unfollowed Grimes on Twitter: He additionally did so in August 2018 amid the fallout over a tweet wherein he claimed he was planning to take Tesla personal.
- Go to Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has unfollowed the Canadian singer Grimes on Twitter for no apparent motive, prompting tongue-in-cheek breakup hypothesis.
According to the Twitter account “Big Tech Alert,” which tracks the social-media exercise of main tech trade figures, Musk unfollowed Grimes early Saturday.
Commenting on the information, one Twitter consumer named Claus Møller wrote “I’m wondering which one grew to bizarre for the opposite.”
The standing of the pair’s relationship stays unclear. Grimes on Wednesday “pinned” a post with a love song from her new album and a heartbreak emoji on her Twitter account. However she has also recently said she’s upset concerning the lack of a detailed good friend.
The South Africa-born entrepreneur is believed to have been courting the Canadian singer since at the least Might 2018, once they appeared collectively on the Met Gala crimson carpet.
Within the almost two years since, Musk and Grimes have appeared comparatively regular, and the singer even mentioned earlier this month that she was pregnant with Musk’s baby.
— Large Tech Alert (@BigTechAlert) March 28, 2020
Their relationship has performed out pretty publicly by way of social media.
The pair met over Twitter after Musk found the singer had overwhelmed him to creating a dorky artificial-intelligence joke. Since then, she has typically tweeted to defend each Musk and Tesla from criticism.
However in August 2018, Musk triggered some drama when he tweeted that he had “funding secured” to take Tesla personal for $420 a share. This prompted the Securities and Alternate Fee to formally examine whether or not the tweet broke US securities regulation, and the tweet wound up costing Tesla and Musk a mixed $40 million in compensation charges.
That summer time, the couple unfollowed one another on Instagram, and Musk unfollowed the singer on Twitter, triggering hypothesis that their relationship was going by means of a tough patch. He adopted her once more in October 2018, and information of her being pregnant adopted.